Friday, November 7, 2008

Who Am I?

Since this is a new blog, I figure I ought to tell you a little bit about myself. I was born in Boston and grew up in Newton. I received a B.A., summa cum laude, from Tufts University in 1981. I went on to the University of Pennsylvania Law School and received my J.D. in 1984. Following graduation, I returned to Boston and spent two years at the Boston firm of Rackemann, Sawyer and Brewster. From there I moved to a smaller firm, McDermott & Rizzo, which in 1990 merged into the Boston office of Kirkpatrick & Lockhart. While these moves were all great career opportunities, I came to realize that I really was meant to be a small or solo practitioner, so in 1993 I left big law firm life, hung my shingle in Wellesley, and jumped off the cliff, not knowing if I would land or crash. Happily, I landed on my feet and have been successfully enjoying a solo practice for the past 15 years. I have been a resident of Needham for 18 years and live with my husband, Richard Miller, my two daughters, now 16 and 13, and a menagerie of animals that includes two beagles, two cats, two hamsters and a tortoise. In my leisure time, I am a New York Times Crossword puzzle fanatic; a cutthroat player of Scrabble, Boggle and all other word games; a voracious reader of fiction; the director, singer and arranger for a women's a cappella quintet called Boston Uncommon; a pianist; a knitter; a part-time student in the Jewish Music Institute of Hebrew College in Newton; and an active participant in my synagogue. So that's a taste... more to follow later.

No comments: