Friday, January 29, 2016

Postscript to January 7 Post "A Matter of Life and Death"


I recently wrote a long and heartfelt entry about the issues of end-of-life decisions and death with dignity.  Then I discovered that the topic, as often happens, has burst onto the scene, and discussions are everywhere.  

One resource I have recently learned about that I think is interesting is a website called The Conversation Project, www.theconversationproject.org.   According to their home page, their mission is "dedicated to helping people talk about their wishes for end-of-life-care". The Conversation Project began in 2010, when well-known and prolific writer Ellen Goodman and a group of colleagues, media, clergy and medical professionals realized the importance of initiating conversations about dying and encouraging people to discuss their wishes for what they want to happen when the time comes.  

I am certain there are many other organizations and websites which deal with the same topic, but The Conversation Project was called to my attention, and I thought it was worth sharing.  Let me know what you think.

No comments: