Sunday, February 27, 2011

Farewell, Lynna


For the last eight years, Lynna Pallas Henderson has been my sidekick, my confidant, my conscience, my mind-reader, my confessor and my general  “right-hand woman”.  She has been the sunny voice on the other end of the phone line when you called, the happy face at the door when you came for our meeting, the one I could count on to make anything happen, and the glue that held so many things together.    And now, the time has come for her to move on to the next adventure in her life.  Lynna and her husband are relocating to Maine, where she will enjoy long-earned and much-deserved “retirement” at the family estate on the beautiful shores of the Atlantic.  It’s hard to imagine life at the office without her, and I will miss her terribly, but I am so excited for her to begin the next chapter in her life.  Lynna, my life has been immeasurably changed for the better for having had you in it.  So in a nod to our mutual love of musical theatre, I turn to Stephen Schwartz with my farewell to you:

“I’ve heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason
bringing something we must learn, and we are led to those who help us most to grow, if we let them, and we help them in return . .
. . . So much of me is made of what I learned from you. 
You’ll be with me like a handprint on my heart . . .
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.”

No comments: