Monday, November 10, 2008

Why a solo practice?

People have asked me why I ended up as a solo practitioner rather than part of a law firm. There are so many reasons! Some tease me that I don't "play well with others", but that's really not true-- it's just that I am a major control freak! All kidding aside, though, what I love most about being a solo practitioner is that I have the opportunity to work closely with clients on a one-on-one basis and to develop wonderful and lasting relationships as we work together. Clients become friends; friends become clients. Strong connections are forged and the collaboration between me and my clients allows for a multi-dimensional experience. When you engage my services, you know you are getting me, not a team of fungible young associates or paralegals in the back room. As a solo, I really get to know my clients well, and I can see up close and personal the ways in which my services can make a difference. Nothing feels better than the moment when the client gives me an enthusiastic "thank you" as we finish our business together, and I come away knowing that I have had a postive impact on their lives.

1 comment:

David said...

As a solo practitioner you have more control and power, not to mention the ability to turn on a dime. With the Internet and access to experienced colleagues for specialty work, you can do most everything the large firms can but with less fixed overhead and staff baby sitting. All the best, David